Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Look Forward Not Back

The great thing about December is I get to start structured training again AND since it's still technically the "off-season", I can be relaxed about things and have fun (and drink beer).  I'm excited for 2015, as it will be a year of new adventures. I decided to switch my focus from Xterra and instead train for something I've been wanting to try for a while-the Lumberjack 100.  The LJ100 takes place in northern Michigan and is a 100 mile mountain bike race. I've never raced that distance before so it will be a very new experience for me.  I enlisted the help of a coach who specializes in endurance racing, Lynda Wallenfels of LW Coaching, who has been super helpful less than a month in. Check out LW Coaching here. In addition to the LJ100 I will do some early season, longer events as preparation. Making the switch from racing 3-4 hours in Xterra and cross-country mountain biking, to "racing" for 10 hours in a 100 miler will definitely be a challenge, but one I'm excited about.

The races I do next year aren't the only new thing for me.  I was also accepted as a Vanderkitten VIP for 2015.  Vanderkitten is a woman's athletic apparel company based in Oakland, CA that creates and sells clothing for "women who kick ass". VIPs are women athletes of all varieties from all over the world.  Founder & CEO Dave Verrecchia says “In 2006 I set out to ‘change the face of women’s cycling’ by creating a model that matched other action sports and brought excitement and attention to the potential of women’s cycling. We’ve been the leader in this movement since, and will continue to create exciting cycling apparel while diversifying our product offerings to serve our growing action sports customer base. Vanderkitten will continue to have a very visible profile in women’s cycling on the road and on the dirt.”  I am happy and proud to be included in such an amazing, inspiring group of women and to represent such an awesome brand. Check out Vanderkitten here. 

As if all this wasn't enough, I have another new challenge for 2015.  Its a project I'm working on, just in the beginning stages, so I don't want to say too much.  But you can be sure it will involve bikes, so stay tuned!
Manistee trail, home of LJ100

Merry Christmas!

Meow!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment